Saturday, January 30, 2010

Psalm 1 Choices

I have determined not to devote or conduct myself toward a lifestyle of hypercritical attitudes or display ungodly behaviors, nor will I chose to establish an unethical walk in this life, nor inhabit a cynical existence, nor entertain insolence.
I will choose to give my mind over to the reasonable counsel and confrontation of our Lord; and I am determined to focus in His consistent instruction.
My heart's desire is to live in faith and to be grounded as a channel of His security, as I grow and bear the fruit of His choosing; I do not want to be weak, foolish, or disgrace Him in any way; and whatever He has chosen for me, I know that I will thrive and honor Him.
Those who chose to have [or display] a self-reliant attitude with a need of attention and praise or are committed to self-protective behaviors lack the understanding in the work of affliction and love to get carried away with their own self-importance.
As a result of egocentric choices, these individuals cannot endure righteous wisdom, reason, or perceptions of godly counsel.
For we know that only the Lord can discern and instruct our attitudes, behaviors, and motivations if we allow it: but those who choose rebellion and abuse His Word will be a degenerate and lose their spiritual identity.

No comments: