Monday, February 8, 2010

Psalm 17 Decisiveness

I understand my need for righteous cleansing Lord, I know my reason for crying, listen to my intercession and judge it because my words are not deceitful nor do I practice denial within my thinking.

Please allow the privilege of vindication to come directly from Your acceptance; authorize Your perception to gaze at the things that are just and upright.

You have invested in my emotional well being, my strong will, and my dull intellect; You have appointed this adversity to improve and redefine my character, and You will not acquire a failure; I am determined within not to provoke anyone to rage or purposely conceal my own anger with self-control.

Regarding the carnal nature of mankind, Your Word acts as a natural boundary that has and will preserve my attitudes and behaviors from becoming unbridled.

I need to stop feeling like I'm going in circles, I want out of this confusion I have in my thinking.

I call upon You Father because You not only hear me, You know me; extend Your ear closer and discern my motives and understand my words.

Reveal to me not only Your mercy, but Your kindness as well. I need Your reproof and reproach, You are the One who defends and preserves me with Your strength and flexibility. There are those of us who have hope and confidence from these rebels who remain established against me.

Protect me in the center of Your favor, conceal me by hovering over me as a protective barrier.

There are people who have chosen to condemn and abuse me with their behaviors and words, this really overwhelms me; it is their hostilities and acts of hatred within their carnal nature that surround and redirect my thinking.

They are enveloped with their own attitudes of superiority: with attitudes and words they speak in arrogant authority.

They continue to encircle my behaviors with hyper-criticism; they have practiced their words of conceit to anyone who will listen.

These pseudo images give the impression of brutality that creates a false security to any who is captivated and looking for confidence.

Make a stand with me Lord and frustrate them, bring them to a standstill: emancipate my motives from those who purposely condemn or abuse their positions by the power of Your Word.

Direct these people with Your mighty hand, Lord, expose the motives of those who create the environment of placation and flattering words for itching ears, just to maintain positions of self-domination and importance.

I like being in Your protective reserve; my first fruit are stored safely in You for Your disposal and these who are complacent in their superiority try to teach others as role models with their arrogance.

As far as I am concerned, I will continue to be aware of and recognize Your acceptance in the call of being genuine: my reward will be when the realization of my identity reflects Your image and Your love.

No comments: