Saturday, February 27, 2010

Psalm 31 Hope

I put my hope and confidence in You Lord; my faith will not be put to shame: birth in me Your righteous virtue and spiritual prosperity.

Extend Your audience to me; defend me quickly, be my fortified place of strength: a stronghold of security for my preservation.

You are the insight of enlightenment and my support system. You guide me through Your definite and conspicuous position of faith, mark of individuality within my emotional well being and honorable character for Your purpose and motivation; this sustains me.

Remove me from the entanglement that entwines my life, keeping me disguised, even from myself: You are my strength.

I entrust the very breath of my rational being into Your power for direction, with all of its expressions and functions: You have maintained my stability and trustworthiness in You.

I detest individuals whose motives are deception or speak lies for self gain: but my trust is in You Lord.

I am gratified and I do rejoice in Your kindness: You discern my depression and miserable state; when my identity was in torment, You counseled me through Your Word.

I did not surrender to the natural inclinations of the acts of hatred within my carnal nature: You establish my endurance and developed my openness.

Be merciful Lord, I am overwrought with emotional anxiety: the center of my focus is provoked by grief; I am indignant and gravid with anger.

With this determination of motives my life is bound to fail, with this affliction of faults and sin, it will. My spiritual well being is broken.

I am surrounded by distress in the midst of my neighbors, I am dreadful with those close to me: they avoid and reject me.

My perception of life is perverted; I'm apathetic in my thinking, will power, and emotional well being. I have lost my sense of identity and my accomplishments are null and void.

It is because I gave credence to those who defamed my character and their slanderous lies through gossip: fear surrounds my every thought, these people have established themselves as consultants against me. They purpose to eliminate my ministry or service to You, which is my life's work.

I continue to be bold in faith, confident in Your love, and secure in Your ability as my Lord. I gladly state that You are my God!

This beginning or growth stage of my life is in Your power to control and will go in the direction of Your choice: enable me to recuperate from these acts of hatred within my carnal nature and from people who falsely persecute me.

I am not ashamed Lord, I have called on You; enable those who condemn with their words and walk in guilt be ashamed. Allow them to be silent and depressed in spirit.

Censor these deceivers and liars into dormancy; they take license with their arrogance of disrespect toward the righteous.

Great is Your goodness; great is Your esteem toward those who respect You. You are committed to the builders of the family name, which gives hope and confidence.

You protect me with Your acceptance, this keeps me from the trap of conceit and self righteous attitudes: I am safe in Your habitation from this controversy of vain babblers.

I am so blessed in the Lord: You have distinguished these accomplishments through the kindness of Your chosen. They recognize those in distress.

I must admit that I have said in my insecurity and dismay, I have been disowned by You: none the less, You were attentive to my prayer whenever I cry out to You.

I love the Lord and esteem it worthy to be counted as Your child: You abundantly restore me as a warrior of Your cause.

Be valiant, strengthen and encourage each other, restore each other, and He will fortify your understanding of waiting on the Lord.

No comments: