Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Psalm 27 Enlightenment

Lord You perfect my perception, discernment, transparency, and spiritual prosperity; should I be fearful or revere mankind? You are my reassurance and refuge; whom should I be suspicious of or feel anxious toward?

I know people who are friends to my face but are full of pretense behind my back, with acts of hatred within their carnal nature devouring my human frailties. I thank You that these individuals were unsuccessful and overwhelmed within their own dynamics.

Our society promotes arrogant ideas that are against my identity and understanding of You, but I choose not to be fearful: it feels like an all consuming battle that is formative against me, but I stand confident in You. There are things I need Your help in and adamantly strive for; to be established as a builder of the family name, a restorer of Your people all the days of my life; to mentally comprehend Your grace and care for Your people with a sense of Your capacity.

Whenever I am distressed or sorrowful, You esteem me within Your unifying defense: with Your intimate covering You preserve my transparency, You set me on Your solid foundation.

I will lift the venerable part of my insecurity toward You to reveal the acts of hatred within my carnal nature. It surrounds my thinking on every side: I must learn to sacrifice this work of flesh so that I might be esteemed in joy; I will sing and praise You, Lord.

Discern my cries: have mercy upon me and respond to my prayer.

Your Word has taught me to seek Your face and favor through prayer and worship; my identity responds to Your love and approval. So I continue to pursue Your presence.

Do not conceal Your favor or presence from me; do not push me to the point of losing my peace of mind: You have always been my help, do not leave or relinquish me.
God, You are my salvation.

When my parental responsibilities were fulfilled, You restored to me a sense of purpose.

Instruct my attitudes and motives Lord guide me in righteous behaviors. I have feelings of overwhelming hostilities.

Do not enable these distressed antagonisms to control my identity: liars and slanderers gossip about me, this deceit causes unjust violence with their mouths.

I was exhausted but my integrity remained strong in the Lord and I will survive because of Your courage within me.

To wait on the Lord means can I strengthen and encouraged myself in Your Word; this fortifies my understanding and awareness: be alert soul; I would say, trust in the Lord.

No comments: