Thursday, February 11, 2010

Psalm 18 Personal Commitment

You are my devotion Lord, You are my mental courage and spiritual strength.

You are the Lord of my security, my defense mechanism, and the restorer of my emotional well-being, the fortitude in whom I trust and confide in: my protective fortress, and the power of my restoration within my expectations and goals for life.

I call upon You Lord, You are worthy to be praised: I choose to be shielded and preserved from these acts of hatred within the carnal nature of mankind.

Emotions of anxiety writhe in pain within me, this causes confusion in my thinking; thoughts of suicide have come to my mind, and the unreasonable judgements of destructive attitudes cause distrust in me.

The cruel justification in man made ideology surrounds me on all sides: the pitfalls of destructive behavior overwhelm me.

In this pain, I cry unto You Lord: You listen and recognize my cry and out of Your sense of power and position as my Father, You gave audience to me. For this I am grateful.

My confidence then turned to fear; the very base of my understanding was shattered and I stood in awe, because God I saw Your anger.

With spiritual perception I felt the anger on Your face: any fire could have been started by it.

You extended this indignation from heaven, the provision of Your guidance is the foundation of my enlightenment.

Your holy presence was instant; Your movement was faster than my awareness could comprehend.

Stress was a disguise that covered Your defense; this cover surrounded You like a shield of guidance through the darkness.

Your enlightenment was present that gave solid inspiration and loving judgment to my interpretation of the situation.

When You spoke Lord, it sounded like crashing thunder and what You said bombarded my understanding like an avalanche.

Yes Lord, Your words are piercing wounds dispersed into my awareness and tormented my ideology.

The possibilities of restoration and secure instruction revealed my wrongful attitude, that convicted me. Lord, it came from Your very breath.

Out of my haughtiness, You reached for me and accepted me; You drew me out of my own justified contentment.

You rescued me from the acts of hatred within my carnal nature, these are the workings of my self-centered flesh.

This act projects itself during a time of oppression, but You Lord are my strong support and protection against the carnal nature of myself.

You have broaden my perception and it is transparent that You are preparing me for Your service; somehow You have found favor in me.

The Lord has honored me because of my choices in Him, allowing His Word to create a genuine servant for Himself.


I have chosen to live a lifestyle with attitudes and behaviors that please Him and have purposed not to violate or offend my God.

He gave His vindications and rationalizations to me; I did not rebel against His chosen customs or behavioral norms.

I am sincere and transparent before Him, and have purposed to stay away for needless shame or pseudo guilt projected by the opinions of people.

Therefore, the Lord has restored me according to the choices of His discretion that are consistent with the work of attitudes and behaviors that please Him.

People may choose to be shameful, they will be discredited; with those who choose integrity you will reveal truth and grow to maturity.

We who choose transparency will be revealed bright and clear; those who choose facades or to be perverse in your spirit, your thinking will be distorted.

God is ready to defend and preserve anyone who is depressed in mind or circumstances; but those who deliberately disguised themselves will be humiliated by their arrogance.

Only God can give understanding to my emotional state and thinking: You Lord are my God and will instruct me in my ignorance.

In You Lord, have I broken down the psychological barriers that have influenced my carnal nature and that does not please You; I have mentally and spiritually vaulted over any wall [within my present knowledge] that stands in the way of my relationship with You.

It is Your lifestyle and motives that are perfect for me: Your Word is pure and refined; You are a defense mechanism to anyone who chooses to confide in You.

No one else could be my God but You. Who could be my psychological support system, except the Lord my God?

It is You who covers me with enabling forces of virtue and strength; You direct my course of attitudes and behaviors to maturity if I allow this to work within my lifestyle.

You are the balance that my endurance needs to be strong in my support system, and You establish my sense of well-being no matter where I go.

You are the source that teaches me about Your power and direction that will prevail during these battle times; any thought of rebellion or disobedience is disseminated by my own choice and strength of will.

It is God who appoints my defense that directs my spiritual prosperity and ordains my salvation: His gentle humility has made me take account of myself...thoroughly.

The Lord has broadened my knowledge of motives and aspirations that is the foundation that makes me who I am: because of this my relationship with Him will not waver or fall apart.

I have purposely persecuted these acts of hatred within my carnal nature that have penetrated my motives to have the ability to control them: nor did I retreat from the pain of restoration until these motives were completely restrained.

I have subdued these acts so that they are not able to abide or accomplish anything that I may not be aware of or in control of: they cannot overwhelm me or make me feel inferior or cause depression within my spirit.

God will equipped me with His virtue, and strength to fight this battle that sometimes rages between my flesh and spirit: He can repressed destructive thoughts that can be detrimental to my well being.

He will also heal the strong will, because I let Him, that enables this carnal nature, so that I can choose to stop displaying hate, bitterness, or resentment.

The cry of revenge was loud within me, but there is nothing to avenge: I even tried to justify this revenge to the Lord but He did not give justification to my plea.

So, I choose to go to the threshing floor to pound this anger into the ground of reality, I then returned to my thinking and could hear the counsel of my God.

God has liberated me from peer pressure, my expectations of ideology, and the contentions of other people; He has enabled me to provoke those individuals who group together for a common cause of hate: a people who I have not advised, taught, or are familiar with. These people choose to work against their own spiritual well being.

As soon as they discover their vacant motives and consider listening to discernment and act upon the vision within their own ego; the fruit of their spiritual condition will prosper.

As for the defiant, they act foolishly and disgrace themselves, they will be dismayed in their justified positions.

The Lord lives to bless with His strength His people; and He is the God of transparent salvation. He is to be exalted!

It is God who vindicates me and will repress anyone who disgraces me.

It is God who liberates me from any act of hatred within my carnal nature: yes, He will promote inspiration to me spiritually and emotionally, above any works of the flesh; He has defended and preserved me from any act of violence that is directed toward me.

Therefore, I choose to worship and praise You Lord, among all peoples, I will sing anthems of Your definite and conspicuous position in my life, as well as Your mark of individuality within my being.

You have purposed to magnify the physical health, mental welfare, and spiritual salvation to anyone who listens to Your counsel; You reveal the reproach as well as favor to those who are consecrated to You, those who are beloved by You, and are blessed by the fruit of their choices in You.

No comments: