Friday, February 26, 2010

Psalm 30 Discipline

I will glorify You Lord; You have revealed my identity to me, and have not allowed the acts of hatred within my carnal nature to succeed over me.

You are the Lord, my God: I have cried unto You and You have restored me thoroughly.

You have repaired my identity from the state of devastation: Your Word has kept me nourished and preserved, that keeps me from embracing depression and enables me to help myself.

I rejoice in the Lord, behave kindly when discipline comes my way. I acknowledge and am thankful that I am among Your people and am grateful for Your holy presence.

Your anger only endures for a moment; in Your favor there is approval and acceptance, and if need be I reconcile myself to You: overwhelming emotions may cause complaining during the time of adversity, but there is joy with every new beginning or growth stage within my life.

While in my comfort zone of self-confidence I have said in my spirit that I will not be moved.

With Your approval and acceptance You have given insight to Your enlightened awareness; this has enabled me to be bold within the inner strength of my character: You protected my self-esteem while I felt fear, anxiety, and lost within myself.

I cried to You and You Lord heard my earnest prayer for mercy.

Depression is a no win situation and there is no gain in it. Can the dirt praise You? Can clay manifest the trustworthiness of You?

Hear my heart Lord, have mercy on me: Lord be my protector.

You convert my grief into hope and trust: You remove my self-righteous attitudes and replace them with Your gladness.

Only Your purpose can dignify the poetical composition of my life for praise to You; praise that will be continual. My Lord and my God I will give thanks to You; for only You are worthy.

No comments: