Monday, February 15, 2010

Psalm 22 Feelings of Abandonment

You are my strength and my God; I feel like You have let go of my life, I do not like that feeling. Why do I feel that You are distancing Yourself from me? Your security and presence are far from me, I feel alone and in emotional pain.

I cry with every new experience or developmental growth stage of my existence, but this time I have no answer from You: this time has been a difficult adverse season that causes my mind to scream.

I know that You are holy, it is You who establishes the church and the people in her. I know she will prevail.

My spiritual forefathers had total confidence in You; they had boldness and security in Your presence, because of their steadfast faith, You committed Yourself to them.

When they cried to You, they were preserved and stabled: their trust in You was never an issue and they were not disappointed.

Unlike my forefathers, I am tormented with insecurity, I am numb with grief: a disgrace and defamed by gossips, disesteemed and rejected by my own family.

It seems like everyone who knows me ridicules anything I say or do, they have abandoned me. They mock me with words and behaviors that sting, they shun my extended hand of fellowship.

I commit these attitudes to You Lord, but I feel like running away from it all: they say I relied on You, then You rejected me and laughed because I felt favored among the believers.

You are the one who gave me new life and another reason for living: You did give me a reason for hope, even when I was just a spiritual babe.

I was dedicated to You by my mother from birth: You have been my God from conception and You are my God now.

Please do not be distant now Lord; I feel the time of anguish causing this distress is gripping my throat; there is no protection or counsel for me in this situation but You.

Many frustrations, disappointments, and defeats have surrounded my past: strong trials have taught lessons of self control and have given me the ability to wait.

Humanity has ripped me apart with slander and lies, with devouring and rabid gossip they have shattered my name.

I am emotionally exhausted and physically weak, I am disassociated from any inner strength, my strong will and intellectual understanding is in rage; I am in the full grip of fear and grief, which is the source of my insecurity.

My emotional strength is shamefully broken and my ability is useless: my words are hard and indifferent, full of sarcasm; I am reduced to the mental state of depression.

The unbelievers taunt me and the hypocrites ridicule plague my thinking: believers display themselves friendly to my face but attack with sarcasm behind my back: they have broken my heart and my fellowship of trust is now slander.

I can chronicle the strength of my being, so I might analyze and discern my motives.

I feel stripped and naked mentally, spiritually, and socially; people wager to see how long it will be before I am destroyed in every area of my life.

Do not be distant to me now Lord: You are the very strength that will vindicate me.

Defend and preserve my identity from this cutting force and its destructive affect; rescue my self-esteem from the slander of the unbeliever and hypocrite.

Free me from these violent attitudes and critical behaviors: I know You can respond to me with compassion and power.

I will validate Your definite position in my faith, mark of individuality within my mental health, and honorable character within my life to all who know me: I will be transparent and enlightened by Your favor.

Let anyone who is reverent in the Lord, praise Him with me: all of you who are His children, glorify Him with me: stand in awe of His greatness, all of you who are conceived by His love, can now be ruled by His love.

Our God has not, nor will He despise the humility of those depressed [emotionally or spiritually]; neither has he concealed His presence from mankind. When anyone cries for help our Lord will answer, He discerns His own.

My transparency is in the Lord and will be seen by the multitude: I will keep my promises to God.

Those who are teachable will be spiritually and emotionally nurtured to health and fulfill their calling: they will be enlightened before the Lord and pursue Him diligently: they in turn will restore and nourish all believers who listen.

Mankind from every generation will remember this and have the chance to serve the Lord: all believing nations will worship the Lord our God.

This universe is the Lord's: He is our counselor, ruler, and the almighty power of every nation.

The people who are wealthy in His favor will give reverence: all those who are humble will worship Him, there is no one who can restore or nurture mankind in his own identity.

The conception of righteousness only begins in Him: this will be celebrated in every generation of mankind.

We choose to come and stand boldly to declare His faithfulness to anyone that will choose to grow in maturity and commit to His service.

No comments: