Sunday, February 14, 2010

Psalm 21 Prayer of Thanksgiving

My strong willed personality finds solace in Your power and confidence Lord; also there is comfort in Your spiritual prosperity, emotional well being, and physical health I have in You, I am truly thankful.

You provide my mental and spiritual abilities with understanding, of which I truly delight in; You do not deny any necessity that I have asked for.

You provide me with spiritual fruitfulness and I give it back to You as an act of adoration: You have provided a circle of protection as a gift of discernment with each and every new beginning [or growth cycle] I must deal with.

I ask for counsel because the circumstances in my life demand it and You freely give the answer, even if my comprehension of it takes a long time.

It is Your honor that gives complete health and emotional welfare to my mind: it is because of Your glory I will emulate You.

For You have given me Your Identity through Your Word, with the understanding of it, that is my treasure on this earth: You bless me with acceptance in Your presence.

My strong willed personality finds confidence in You Lord: and through Your kindness the rebuke I need and is given does not shake my insecurity but finds the reality of it instead.

It is within this confrontation where I find the acts of hatred within my carnal nature hidden in the recesses of my thinking: it is Your strength of analysis where I find my attitudes and behaviors that displease You and they brake my relationship with You.

You expose my thinking within my awareness as a light of reason and give understanding with Your presence: Your words of counsel to me destroy the carnal hardness within my soul; it is the heat of Your passion that consumes the negative and lifeless motives of my life.

Any self-love or self-protection will only result in loss of my identity in You, not to mention the loss will affect my children and grandchildren.

This type of attitude or behavioral dysfunction will cause displeasure in You about me, and that will cause grief within my soul: these motives will contrive corruption and destructive purposes that will not prevail, they cause my emotional well being to suffer, my spiritual awareness will become dull.

Therefore, I will carry the burden of responsibility when these wounds remind me of the remnant of my carnality, then it is revealed, and will become determined to defeat these acts of hatred within my carnal nature that is dominating my thinking.

You will be exalted Lord, Your strength and boldness will be revealed through me: I will sing Your praises and celebrate Your life within me.

No comments: