Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Psalm 7 Vindication

Lord You are my God, I have chosen to place my confidence in You: please nurture and sustain me from these people who choose to oppress and discriminate against me, and help me to endure this trial.

There are those with ungodly attitudes who devour my character with ravenous cruelty, tearing my identity to bits, there is no one who has come to my defense.

Dear Father in heaven You know my motives, if I have purposely done anything close to what they have accused me of, then I ask for Your conviction upon my soul;

If I premeditated any of these schemes against one person, especially those I worship with [I have purposely ignored those who spread gossip]:

Then enable these acts of hatred to torment my inner being, allow all this abuse to disturb my rest, allow these works of the flesh to oppress my confidence in You and my self esteem to be pulverized. Stop and think about that.

Do something Lord, anything, get angry with these attitudes, put an end to these acts of hatred which my adversaries have chosen as their behaviors: open Your eyes Lord and just demand they stop.

Enable these believers to be surrounded by Your presence: judge my behaviors and attitudes Lord, and on my behalf return Your compassion to me according to everything You know about me.

Please stop this slanderous hatred coming from these people; but give enlightenment and wisdom to those who seek Your face and favor: because You are a righteous God and You prove the motives of my mind, will, and emotional well-being.

You are my defense mechanism Lord; who vindicates my character that directly affects my self-esteem and confidence.

God You will judge the righteous motives and the individuals who choose to abide in them; but You are not pleased if we deliberately destroy His people with our mouth. It angers You.

God will prepare chosen instruments to wound our rebellious state of mind with reproach and reproof: He will allow those who choose to slander and gossip to reap what they have sown.

Just look how the human race prefers to pledge themselves to trouble and then think they look superior, this is nothing but vanity; which in turn causes misery and anxiety not to mention exhaustion from keeping up the facade.

The more they gossip the more they weave a web that entangles their own lives; their own tongues will destroy their character and reputation.

Anxiety that they have caused will be ever present within their own lives and dull their thinking; these choices cause this turmoil within their conscience.
I worship and trust in the Lord because He is consistently righteous and I will sing praises of His definite and conspicuous position in my life. His is the maker of my individuality; He molds my character for His purpose. He is my vindicator and restorer, because I let Him.

No comments: