Saturday, March 6, 2010

Psalm 38 Compassion

Lord, please do not reprimand me while You are angry with me: neither direct or instruct me in the shadow of Your wrath.

Your wounds tear me open and expose my broken relationship with You. I can feel Your power, means, and direction grievously stress me out.

There is no maturation in the insecurity that I feel when You are indignant with me; I feel no safe restoration or restitution in my identity or confidence because of the offense I have committed against Your precepts.

This perversity has provoked my ideology, and the comfort zones I have created; this grievous anxiety prevails over my self-confidence. I pray a new beginning or growth stage is being created within me.

These wounds of offense are corrupt because of my own stubborn mind set and stupid rebellion.

I am tormented; deeply depressed, I walk around feeling desolate all the time.

My self-confidence and hope is filled with despair: there is no maturity in my insecurity.

I feel inadequate, incompetent, indecisive, and my mental abilities are collapsing: the reality of my own confusion causes my cries of desperation.

Lord, I place my motives boldly before You; my sorrow is not hidden from Your all seeing eye.

The understanding and awareness of my identity aches because of the failure I feel inside: the insight I thought was in my confidence and knowledge is also gone.

The love of my life and close friends stand aloof when I expose my wounds: my family withdraws completely from me.

There are people who try and disturb the peace I find in You: they pursue my hurt by saying perverse things that are not true. They talk fraud and deceit all the time.

My choice is not to listen to the gossip; and I did not speak one thing against anyone.

I decided not to listen, and not to reciprocate.

It is in You Lord, I put my hope: You always hear me. You are my God.

Listen for my cry again Lord, or else they will enjoy making me miserable: whenever I make a mistake, for they are many, they magnify it out of proportion against me.

I am ready to stop these behaviors and attitudes; my anguish is ever before me.

I confess my wrong attitudes and behaviors; I am sorry for my sin against You.

These acts of hatred within my carnal nature are strong and deceptive. They can hate without cause and can react like someone I am not.

My own thoughts attack me and I begin a battle within myself. The confusion then leads to conviction, then that allows the need for repentance to rise.

Do not forsake me Lord, my God be not far from me.

Hurry and establish Your saving grace to me. You are the Lord of my transparency.

No comments: