Thursday, March 18, 2010

Psalm 51 Virtuous Identity

Lord, You are kind to me, I need Your stability of love: in the light of Your compassion erase my brokenness with Your just authority.

You cleanse me time after time from my wrong choices in attitudes and behaviors, You expose these attitudes and behaviors that interfere with my reconciliation to You.

I recognize from Your instruction my appetite for the carnal nature: but I also see now, how they offend You.

It is You who I have offended, but it does cause adversity and distress in my relationship with You: Your promises and teachings are just, they vindicate my desire to obtain Your will for my life.

I realize that these negative attitudes and behaviors are learned and inspired by our carnal natured society and filled with consequences of the natural man; these bonds of socialization "norms" within mankind have molded my mind, will, and emotional state.

I also know that your acceptance of who I am right now is my stability until I can establish Your truth in my identity: I acknowledge the repressed areas of my thinking that need repair. In this I have discovered wisdom.

Purifying my attitudes and behaviors comes from Your loving rebuke and I will be as transparent as I can be: the cleansing of righteousness is what makes my life genuinely virtuous.

Your Word molds me to the understanding of joy; joy dissipates the denial that causes the mental collapse of oppression to revel within my thinking.

Develop within me a transparent understanding Lord; rebuild and establish a righteous reality with all its expression and functions of my understanding.

Restore the transparency of joy to my spirit then my life will be fully yielded to Your will and service.

I will be open to Your instruction of discipleship and produce the fruitful attitude and behaviors that glorify You. I will not rebel against Your just authority. Discipleship is Your chosen lifestyle for me; may I be worthy to be restored as Your child.

Restore and repair me from the petty fights that causes death to a relationship; for You are the God of my transparency and wholeness within my spiritual life.

Lord, relax the free floating anxiety within me allow my natural inclinations of Your guidelines to sustain me; my words will stand boldly in praise to You.

You God do not take pleasure in the carnal offering of our flesh, or I would relinquish my life; You do not require self-abasement as a prerequisite.

You require resolve in issues that are within our reality with its expressions and functions of our understanding: a humble and pure identity, that which You mold and find pleasing before Your eyes. This You can be blessed by.

Be diligent in mending my identity in acceptance and reconciliation as only You can: You are my guiding pillar of strength, repair the brokenness of my emotional state: restore me Lord, to You.

Then You might be pleased with the natural behaviors that come from a virtuous spirit: the sacrifice of the carnal nature of mankind is our offering to You.

No comments: