Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Psalm 42 Troubled Times

Even the spiritually mature must have Your support system within their identity if they want or need rejuvenation. My identity longs for Your support system.

My identity needs You God, You are the living God: when will I stand in Your righteous presence.

Grief has been the main emotion of this new beginning and the adversity that comes with it. There are people who ask; where is your favor with God?

I try to remember but my identity is emotionally vacant: I tried to conform to the peer pressure of the believers; with joy and praise we celebrate Your love with feasting and dancing.

Why then does my identity remain depressed? Why do I remain anxious and troubled? Trust in God, I say to myself; praise Him for your health, salvation, and accepted presence in your life.

My God, my self-esteem is strained and miserable: I remember to trust You for my confidence that I had when I was dying to my natural man. My pride was full of petty ideologies.

Discernment speaks to discernment when my identity is exposed to Your support system: role models for the brokenhearted and those who are in travail are two examples of Your radiant identity, they overwhelm me.

Yet You Lord constitute Your loving-kindness with each new beginning or growth stage and the adversity it brings. Your poetic composition nurtures me; my prayer is to You, who is my vitality.

You are my stability God, are You ignoring me? I am grief stricken and heartbroken over this stress of these acts of hatred within the carnal nature of mankind.

This hatred is a crushing instrument killing my strength, these acts exposes my stress; I am mocked daily by the question: where is your favor with God?

My identity is depressed, Why? Why do I continue to feel this anxiety? I counsel myself to trust God: So I praise You Lord, You are the health to my endurance, the reason for my purpose, and the gateway to my acceptance of this situation.

No comments: