Sunday, March 21, 2010

Psalm 59 Acts of Hatred

[Acts of hatred: are defined in this book as the works of the flesh which are anger, bitterness, resentment, lying, unforgiveness, jealousy, fear, greed, gossip, perversity, hypocrisy.]

Restore me Lord from these acts of hatred. My God vindicate me from these attitudes and behaviors that have established themselves against Your ways and against my best interests.

Defuse this habit of unhealthy self-protection, self-centeredness, and self-love; avenge this passivity that drains me emotionally because of unresolved guilt.

These negative attitudes lurk inside my identity: they at times control my thinking; not because of rebellion or offences that I may have committed Lord.

For whatever reason they challenge and fortify themselves within me and I want to justify this as no fault of mine: I must be aware of the reality, Lord please advise me through this situation.

You are my Lord, the God of the believers; provoke right choices for my entire being: do not take pity on this self-centered thinking of denial or blame shifting. Stop and think about that.

I face these attitudes daily: the reality of my thinking and awareness attacks my carnal nature over and over, this causes trouble within my mental well being.

Insults just pour out of my speech: the destructive effects of sarcasm, ridicule, and lies are in my words: why do I not care about the wounds I commit, do I not understand the harm that this does?

You Lord laugh at my immaturity: You call me into account and hold me in contempt.

I want Your boldness and security Lord, I want to change my attitudes and behaviors; put a guard over my mouth. You Lord are my vindication.

You are the God of kindness, mercy, and reproof. I will predetermine my thinking about negative issues: teach me Lord to respect Your people so I may change these hostilities within me.

Do not destroy me Lord, help me to remove this attitude of self-importance: create anxiety within me to deflate this superior attitude. Lord help me to vindicate myself.

If I choose to have an abusive mouth, this will cause arrogant words to bind me to a false sense of security: this bloviating and facade of security is nothing more than hypocrisy.

Stop this poison of indignant rage, end this attitude of hatred, I no longer want it to control my thinking: what I need is for You Lord to be the teacher of what I need for Your ways. Restraining my old nature and revealing a pseudo self-confidence. Stop and think about that.

Everyday circumstances enable the sound of my troubled rage to be visible: the awareness of this reality attacks my thinking time and time again.

The anxiety this causes provokes my sanity, and insomnia is ever present. I must resolve this issue.

I will praise Your boldness, strength, and security; Yes, I will rejoice in Your kind reproach, each and everyday: You are my defense mechanism and support system during stressful times. I just have to learn to trust You.

It is only Your strength that I need: You are my security, my mercy, and my compassion.

No comments: