Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Psalm 40 Obedience

I wait expectantly for You Lord; You reach out and discern my desire to be far from this trouble.

You restore and recover me from an uproar of destruction, out of the dregs of calamity, and establish a secure stronghold; then ordained the motives and direction of ministry.

You have rebuilt and repaired the poetic composition of my life, which is revealed in my attitude and behavior. I determine to walk in transparency with You God: many will see it, many will fear and dread it, but many will be bold and confident in the Lord because of it.

Blessed is the individual who determines that the Lord is his confidence and security; he does not respect insolent behavior or practice being deceitful in attitude or listen to vain liars.

Distinguish, my Lord Your wondrous accomplishments that You have done in our lives. Your power, means, and direction are always a responsibility to us. They cannot be compared to any other: when I talk boldly of them there are so many of them that time does not allow me to tell even part of this challenge.

What a self-revelation. Remove this wound from my mind: the thought of this rebelliousness inflicts devastation within my spirit. I need Your power, means, and perfect direction for this battle.

When You reason with me in reproof, it is how You instruct and teach me of the obstinate thinking within my mind. This makes my natural qualities appear as arrogance which is, of course, the reality of the problem. The carnal man thinks he is self-important and self-satisfied. Stop and think about that.

Discern my intercession Lord. Give audience to my cry; do not be silent on behalf of my tears: I am not a stranger with You, nor alien to Your ways.

Consider my battle so I may recover strength to do Your will. I no longer like this state of mind that I'm in, this will spiritually kill me.

You are not pleased with a victim mentality or co-dependant behavior; martyrdom or living for illness or being crises oriented; You would never demand that kind of behavior. Nor does it glorify You.

Then I decided: I will come to terms with this commitment and trust this confirmation that is prescribed to me.

I take great pleasure in being accepted by You and feel honored to do Your will Lord: Your practical guidelines for behavior are inscribed in my identity. I need understanding to apply what I know and then execute these guidelines of knowledge.

I will renew and restore righteous thinking within the congregation: I have not held back any words or deeds Lord, You know this to be true of me.

I do not cover myself in self-righteousness: I have declared Your trustworthiness, truth, and transparency; I will not conceal Your favor and stability from these people.

Do not inhibit Your compassion or mercy from me Lord: enable Your kindness and stable assurance that is a perpetual guard over me.

Feelings of stress, grief, and sorrow surround me: my arrogance is empty and has engulfed me and I can't see anything positive. This is beyond my comprehension: my identity and understanding of who I am in You has abandoned me.

Preserve me in Your reconciliation: be earnest and quick to help me.

Enable those who strive to ruin my confidence to be embarrassed and walk in confusion; enable the wounds they inflict bring it back to them in regression.

This behavior may bring them into retribution; their behavior causes ridicule and shame to themselves.

Enable me to strive after You; I want to rejoice and be glad in You: I love walking in Your salvation and honored that You are my identity.

I admit there are times in my carnal nature I get depressed and the feelings of deprivation overwhelms me: You Lord give me value and purpose to my esteem: You are my counsel. Do not hesitate to counsel me, my God.

No comments: