Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Psalm 64 Deception

Listen to my concerns Lord, understand my prayer: protect my well being from these acts of hatred from mankind and his ideology.

Suppress any ability to conspire to do evil for their self-gain, keep me from these who practice strife and turmoil; hopefully in vain.

Many use the double edge of Your Word as a cutting instrument to slaughter the innocent and not for discipleship; their desire is to inflict wounds, incite bitterness instead of reason or counsel.

These individuals secretly accuse the upright and plot behind their back: they shift blame on any scapegoat convenient instead of being accountable to You.

Hurtful causes and schemes are their motives: they plan deceptive tricks behind closed doors, they really think no one will notice or disapprove of this behavior because they have done this for many years without conviction.

They disguise and distort the truth with their facade of religious words and lifestyles: no one calls them into account, so to them it is hidden and acceptable.

I thank You God, who teaches with piercing words that convict the soul because of these carnal attitudes and behaviors.

Their words and motives will be used against them by the very people they teach; it will be recognized as Your work in their lives; thus attitudes and behaviors might be changed.

The builders of the family name show reverence and manifest true commitment toward You Lord, it will be revealed in our attitudes and behaviors; we, who are the people of God, practice and understand the lifestyle You have placed before us. We will be the best role models that we can be, as imperfect as we are.

I want to be righteous and glad in You Lord, I love Your confidence in me; I must be honest in my thinking then my emotional well being will be transparent to all.

No comments: