Saturday, March 20, 2010

Psalm 57 Facing a Crisis

Be merciful to me Lord, please be merciful: my identity wants to confide and trust in You; I need Your boundaries of defence and place my hope in Your protection. I need to place this situation in Your perception because I am blind with fear.

I cry to You because You are my Supreme Restorer; it is Your decision that causes accomplishments or failures in my life.

You appoint from Your mighty position either to avenge or preserve me from this defamation of character by individuals who suppress my name. Stop and think about that. You send Your favor to me by their reproof and Your truth is my stability.

I want my identity in the center of Your courage and boldness: I rest in the knowledge that You will revive my spirit, especially with the builders of the family name. It is easy for our carnal nature to teach our natural man to wound by merely using hateful and demeaning words.

I need You to be active and alive in my spirit Lord, You are my Supreme Restorer; let your glory shine all over my confidence.

There are those who have established a trap that would aggravate me; my rational being is humbled: they provoke depression within me. My core feels insecure. Stop and think about that.

The center of my identity will only continue to be stable in Your understanding and established strength: I give praise to You with my whole being, starting at my mouth with words of exhortation.

I am ever aware that honor comes from You; I must be a cleansed vessel that gives pure expression to You: I make myself painfully aware of this responsibility.

I praise You Lord, among anyone within the sound of my voice: I sing praises to You in every nation.

Your mercy is beyond our thinking; Your stability is an established provision.

Be active Lord, not only within my understanding; but let Your honor be a symbol of my confidence.

No comments: