Thursday, March 18, 2010

Psalm 52 Approval

Why do I think I can get away with the stress and harm I do with my attitude and behaviors, why do I get so self-focused and absorbed? The reproof that I need comes from the mercy of God.

These unhealthy motives contrive unhealthy consequences; like a destitute teacher who contradicts his own teaching by living a lie or breaking his own doctrine, he ruins his own accomplishments.

This obsession of self vindication is stronger in my spirit than my faith; self-protective behaviors are easier than trusting in You Lord. Stop and think about that.

I have become skilled at camouflaging my feelings by using betraying words to hide my sarcasm. I have a sharp tongue.

God will tear down these arrogant and complacent attitudes that justify this behavior. He will expose the self-confident appetite for peer and family approval. Stop and think about that.

I do not need to compromise Your righteousness to console myself for approval. I must walk in Your precepts as a righteous individual. I can discern the lack of faith within my arrogance and need to correct this attitude.

I choose to make You God my strength, I will trust that You will direct the carnal man to change to glorify You. My confidence is in Your ability to defend and be my source of vindication. I must exercise that trust.

It is only when I am in Your presence that I become enlightened by Your love and the understanding of Your Word, my spirit is then prosperous: I become bold in the molding of the discipleship within Your mercy.

I praise You. I thank You, Lord. I trust in You forever. You accomplish and maintain my mental well being. I am a testimony of Your healing and a memorial of Your ability to change from an infidel to become a child of God.

This is precious to me to be revealed as one of Your saints.

No comments: