Sunday, March 21, 2010

Psalm 60 Insecurity

God I feel like You have rejected me, I have dishonored You with unhealthy attitudes and behaviors; please restore Yourself to me once again.

I recognize that I have taken my self-confidence into my own hands and it is now turned to arrogance: mend this attitude, birth Your confidence within me; I feel the effects of free floating anxiety upon me.

You show me reality even though I prefer denial and complacency: the things You teach stun me, I walk around in a daze.

You ascribe to me an understanding that enlighten my intellect, I need to revere You. This understanding raises a standard of reality that only You accept. Stop and think about that.

Strengthen me Lord; preserve and avenge me with a strong answer.

I await for Your appointed answer; I will rejoice in the burden You place on my shoulders to stretch my ability to carry.

These displaced attitudes and behaviors are temporary because You will stabilize my thinking.

You are the affirmation and support of my life; deprivation only comes when I offend You. Prolific and creative thinking will also be the strength that get me through this growth cycle, understanding will be the medication that will heal me.

Sometimes self love is my bathtub; my need for attention is rejected because of the worthless effort it produces: self-pity is broken because of Your Spirit dwelling within my emotional awareness comforting me.

Who will bring this reality of Your confidence to me? Who will teach me the emptiness of self-indulgence?

Do not reject me God because of unhealthy lusts within my carnal nature. It was You who reinforces this appointed learning time for me.

Help me through this stressful time: mankind does not have the ability to meet my spiritual needs or healing.

It is through Your virtuous strength that I will achieve good mental health: it is You who will help me stop these unhealthy attitudes and behaviors that plague me.

No comments: