Saturday, April 10, 2010

Psalm 102 Depression

Listen to my plea Father, enable my cry for Your help, let it invade Your hearing.

Please do not withhold Your acceptance from me during this season of change, I feel anxiety and stressed; I open myself up to reveal my intimate feelings to You, come and answer me, please.

My waking hours are filled with feelings of resentment and anger, the core of my strength is spent.

My awareness and understanding is wounded, I feel confused and vulnerable; even to the point of forgetting to eat or sleep.

This condition of humiliation has affected my physical health and emotionally this insecurity has devastated me.

This obsession has made me sick of myself: I am trying to hold myself together but the distressed state of my mind is grievous.

I cannot sleep and no matter what anyone says or whoever says anything, I feel insignificant and lonely.

My acts of hatred expose and defame me all the time; I wanted this transparency with You but I did not want mankind to see it.

These crushing emotions are drowning me and this regret is all consuming to me emotionally.

I can feel Your disappointment in me: I know You accept me, but reject my carnal attitude and behaviors.

My day is spent in dark defenseless emotions; I am totally humiliated.

But Your love endures and is established forever; everyone throughout the generations knows this.

I realize Your desire is to accomplish transparency within my lifestyle; Your kind rebuke and merciful reprimand is a guiding pillar of strength: Your timing and grace is for me, right now.

Once I can accept this fact, the feelings of Your acceptance returns and I am ready for Your guidance and understanding to be revealed to me once more.

I revere Your definite and conspicuous position within my spirit, mark of individuality within my soul, and honor character within my attitude and behaviors. My confidence and Your counsel is used for Your glory.

When You reveal me as Your example as a guiding pillar called leadership, then You are revealed and Your people recognize You.

I am so thankful that You Lord listen to the prayers of the insecure and lonely; You do not negate them.

This will be recorded for generation after generation: those who have not yet been born will know how merciful You are and will praise You.

You watch over us as a parent does a child, You are holy; it is from Your illustrious character we gain our confidence.

You attentively hear and diligently discern the groaning of my depression; release me Father, as a builder of the family name, I feel doomed within my soul.

I profess Your definite and conspicuous position within my spirit, mark of individuality within my soul, and honorable character within my attitudes and behaviors as a guiding pillar of transparency and foundation to my identity.

I will worship You as my Father and will also serve You as Lord.

This chastening that I receive does depress my ego, but it firmly opened my awareness of these carnal attitudes and behaviors; this was a season of discouragement for me.

Finally, I asked You Father not to take me out of this season: You have appointed me this time for this generation.

Your acceptance and presence has set this foundation for my confidence: my enlightenment comes from the power, means, and direction of Your Word.

I may have lost my identity for a moment, but You held on to establish and secure me: Yes, I even physically eroded, You changed my thinking just as easily as I change my clothes. Because of You, I can change!

You are the same to me as You were to the past generations; Your love, Word, and faithfulness is without end.

The builders of the family name will persevere and this next generation will be stable, faithful and transparent before You Lord.

No comments: