Thursday, April 15, 2010

Psalm 108 Control

In You Lord do I place my attitude and behaviors, my emotional need for control; I rejoice and give You honor and praise.

My expressions are motivated in worship toward You: I search my motives earnestly to be upright before You.

I praise You Lord among those counted as righteous: I praise You with my life as a song of worship.

It is Your compassionate reproof and merciful kindness that gives nourishment to my enlightenment: Your stability is a provision for my guidance in this world.

I revere You Lord above any knowledge, enlightenment, or theology of mankind: Your honor surpasses any understanding that mankind could dream of.

Reveal Your strength Lord, bring this ability to my attention: so that Your love will be reinforced within my rational soul.

Teach me Your holy attitudes and behaviors; I can rejoice and separate myself from the burdens of life, then stretch my faith, and not rely on this survival instinct.

My life's song is my testimony; deprivation is gone from my thinking; maturation is the goal of my spirit; celebration in praise is my imprinted birthmark.

Self-survival will not be a bath of indulgence for me: anger is a worthless way of spending emotional energy; self-pity only leads to a break down of spiritual fortitude.

Is there anyone who can help me through this awareness of control issues? Who is the guide through this attitude of anger?

Will You lead me Lord? Or have You rejected this attitude problem within me? Will You direct my thinking so I may worship and serve You?

Surround me with Your emotional hedge of protection: mankind can only provide a sense of deception, but You help me rescue myself.

Only through You Lord, I will accomplish great strength: it is You who will destroy the distress of control issues that is within my mind. It is You where my faith is grounded and matured.

No comments: